Joker’s Wild is also commonly known as Joker Poker in Canada and is one of the most popular variations of video poker. Online video poker is the exact same poker game that players are used to playing at real world casinos. All the cards are the same in video poker and online video poker. However, when it comes to this video poker variation, the cards stay the same, but one special card is introduced. A joker wild is one of the cards that can become any card you need it to be. This means if your hand has a joker in it, the joker wild may replace any one of your cards to help create a hand on the pay table. To make things even better, Crazy Vegas Casino Canada will even help players with a basic joker poker strategy, so they know which cards to keep and which to replace.
Joker Poker Strategy – Which Hand is Best
Since all the cards are the same in this video poker variation, that means you can play it the same way you play any other poker game. To win, all online casino players need to do is get a hand that is on the pay table of the poker game. Here is a joker poker strategy that can help you get the hand and cards you need to win:
- View your hand and decide which cards are best to keep and which cards to discard.
- All the cards you decide to discard, will be replaced.
- Players should never discard of the joker wild card.
These are the cards players want to try and keep or get for a hand that can win you some real money. Each hand is ranked in order from the highest payout to the lowest as per the online video poker pay table:
- Royal Flush: A hand that has the cards A, K, Q, J, 10.
- Straight Flush: A hand that has all cards in sequence from the same suit.
- Five of a Kind: A hand that contains a joker wild and four cards from the same suit.
- Four of a Kind: A hand with one odd card and the other cards have the same face value.
- Full House: When a hand has one pair and any three of a kind.
- Flush: When all cards are from the same suit, but not in sequence.
- Straight: When a player has all their cards in sequence.
- Three of a Kind: When three of the cards have the same face value from different suits.
- Two Pair: When a player has two pairs of cards with the same face value.
- One Pair: This is when a player has two cards with the same face value. Only applies to Kings and Aces.
Play Joker’s Wild for Real Cash Prizes
Online gambling is not complete until you get to play for real money. That’s why we guide you to casinos who offer every video poker variation you can play for free, for real money too.
Other Online Variations of Video Poker
Joker’s Wild video poker is lots of fun and extremely rewarding for new and regular video poker players. Crazy Vegas Casino Canada caters to every kind of a player with 6 other video poker variation guides:
- Jacks of Better: This video poker variation features a payout 9 times your bet value.
- Deuces Wild: Up your poker game by playing with two joker cards in this video poker variation.
- Tens or Better: This video poker variation was created from the Jacks or Better poker game, but is much easier to in.
- Bonus Video Poker: Video poker has never looked more appealing than playing with higher payouts in this poker game.
- Double Bonus: Get four Aces in this video poker variation and receive a bonus payout.
- Double Double Bonus: Similar to Double Bonus, except players will receive a bonus payout for a four a kind.