Tens or Better Video Poker has become increasingly popular since it was first introduced to both bricks and mortar and online casinos alike. Crazy Vegas Casino is expecting to grow its popularity by making it available to the players with the best online video poker casinos. Tens or Better video poker is based on the Jacks or Better variation of video poker, however, the difference being Tens or Better video poker is designed to make winning easier. The disadvantage is that payouts are slightly lower.
The object of Tens or Better video poker is to have a five-card poker hand containing a winning combination. Sounds simple – it is that simple. To make things more rewarding, the higher the hand is the higher the payout. Once cards are dealt, CA players have the option to discard cards they do not like and hold cards they find beneficial for a winning hand. Know what cards are beneficial to keep by understanding the Tens or Better video poker hands.
Understanding Tens or Better Video Poker Hands
- Royal Flush: A hand containing an Ace. King, Queen, Jack, and 10 all of the same suit. This is the highest paying hand in Tens or Better Video Poker.
- Four of a Kind: A hand containing four cards of the same value.
- Straight Flush: A hand with 5 sequential cards of the same suit.
- Flush: A hand with 5 cards of the same suit.
- Straight: A hand containing five cards in sequential order, but it does not have to be the same suit.
- Full House: A hand of a combination of a three of a kind and a pair.
- Three of a Kind: A hand containing three cards of the same value.
- Two Pairs: A hand with two of the same value cards.
- Tens or Better: A hand with a pair of either 10s, Jacks, Kings, Queens, or Aces.
Strategy to Optimise Your Tens or Better Video Poker Game
- Never break up a paying hand unless players have four of the five cards required to get a royal flush.
- Low pairs (pairs lower than the 10s) are only worth playing if they are part of a full house. If the possibility of making a full house is lower than making a flush or straight, it is wiser to discard the low pairs.
- Always keep pairs higher than 10s when you have no other play options available.
- Always try to aim for a straight flush or a royal flush over a pair or straight.
- Always keep a four of a kind, especially if there are high cards.
- Keep a straight, flush, full house, or three of a kind.
- Players should keep a two pair.
- Canadians should keep all four cards to a flush.
- Players should keep two suited high cards.
- CA gamblers should keep all three cards to a straight flush.
- Players should never discard cards that are 10s or better.
Why play Tens or Better Video Poker
Tens or Better video poker is one of the easiest video poker variants available on the web. With more potential paying hands and greater rewards, what more are Canadians looking for? Tens or Better Video Poker targets casual CA players who are looking for a game to play for fun.
Types of Online Video Poker
There are 5 different types of online video poker variants, they are:
- Jacks or Better: This is the best and most common variation, the payout here is 9 times your bet made.
- Deuces Wild: Exactly like Jokers Wild, except here you get 2 Jokers instead of one
- Bonus Video Poker: This offers a higher payout than Jacks or Better, but offers the exact same gameplay
- Double Bonus: Get an extra Bonus Payout for having four aces
- Double Double Bonus: If you hold four of a kind you will receive an extra payout