Jacks or better Video Poker is also known as draw poker. Jacks or Better video poker is one of the most basic variations of video poker Internet casinos have to offer. In this variation of video poker, players only need a hand containing jacks or better to receive a payout. It is also one of the first variations of video poker to be developed, which is why it closely resembles the traditional format of video poker. Jacks or better video poker is played with a standard 52-card deck.
Crazy Vegas Casino offers you all the necessary information you need to make the most of any hand you are faced with. Players can bet anything from 1 coin to 5 coins, with larger payouts made on larger deposits. Once the bets are made, players can hit deal to receive their cards. Any cards a player does not like; they can discard to receive new ones. The round will then end and payouts will be made for any winning cards the player has in hand.
Understanding the Hands in Jacks or Better Video Poker
- High: Any card that is a Jack or Higher. For example; Ace, King, Queen, and Jack.
- Low: Any cards that are lower in value than a jack. For example; cards from 2 to 10.
- Royal Flush: 5 sequential cards of matching suit starting with an ace. This hand is the highest paying in jacks or better.
- Straight Flush: A hand containing five sequential cards of a similar suit up to the value of 10.
- Four of a Kind: A hand that contains four of the same number.
- Full House: A hand containing a three of a kind and a pair.
- Four to a Royal Flush: This is a hand that contains four of the five cards needed to form a royal flush.
- Flush: A hand containing 5 cards of the same suit.
- Three of a Kind: A hand containing three cards of the same value.
- Straight: A hand containing 5 sequential numbers, but not necessarily of the same suit.
- Four to a Flush: A hand containing four of the five cards needed to complete a straight flush.
- Four to a Straight: A hand containing four sequential cards, but not of the same suit.
- Three to a straight flush: A hand containing three cards of the same suit in sequential order to make a straight flush.
- Two to a Royal Flush: Two cards securing a royal flush.
Crazy Vegas Casino: Strategy to Win at Jacks or Better Video Poker
- Discard the fifth card whenever you have four cards to a royal flush, even if the card gives you a pair or a flush.
- Three of a kind, a flush, a high pair, and a straight all outrank three to a royal flush. Play three to a royal flush when you have lower hands such as a low pair to a flush.
- Keep a high pair, a straight, and four to a flush whenever you have two cards to a royal flush.
- Do not break up a made flush or a straight unless you require the one card to make a royal flush.
- Always keep a high pair over four to a flush and four to a straight.
- Do not break up a full house.
- Keep a high pair unless you have four cards to a straight flush or four cards to a royal flush.
- If you do not receive a satisfactory hand, it is wise to discard all the cards and receive 5 new ones.
Play Jacks or Better Video Poker Online
Jacks or better video Poker is the most basic variant you will come across. It is a great game for anyone who wishes to learn the ropes of video poker and become more experienced. #1 online casinos in Canada offer an epic gaming experience with great rewards and frequent promotions. Join one of them today so you don’t out on the next epic bonus.
Types of Online Video Poker
There are 6 different types of online video pokers, they are:
- Jokers Wild: The major difference in this variation is that you have access to a Joker which can substitute for any card of your liking.
- Deuces Wild: Exactly like Jokers Wild, except here you get 2 Jokers instead of one.
- Tens or Better: A variation of Jacks or Better.
- Bonus Video Poker: This offers a higher payout than Jacks or Better, but offers the exact same game play.
- Double Bonus: Get an extra Bonus Payout for having four aces.
- Double Double Bonus: If you hold four of a kind you will receive an extra payout.