Crazy Vegas Casino is taking Blackjack to the next level by offering you a few inside tips. Stop wondering what it takes to beat the odds in Blackjack and get the tips you need to know right here. First and most importantly never play Blackjack- online or in a casino if you do not understand the basics of the game. The basic strategy gives you tips on how to best mathematically play any hand you are dealt.
Basics you should know
- The basic strategy makes you think less about what your next move will be in terms of hit, stand, double, split, or surrender. You will know exactly what to do next.
- Blackjack is played with one or more standard 52-card decks.
- Cards 2 to 10 have the face value. Ace have a value of 1 or 11. Picture cards- King, Queen, or Jack have a value of 10.
- The main objective is for your cards to total 21. Blackjack can only be achieved on the first 2 cards dealt (Ace and a 10). If the players or dealer's card total exceeds 21, they bust and automatically lose the round.
- If the dealer does not bust, the person (player or dealer) who has the highest hand- closest to 21 will win the round.
Playing Tips You Should Know
- Always hit a soft 17 (Ace and a 6).
- Split Ace's and 8's.
- Double down on 11.
- Stand on a hard 17 (or greater).
- Never split on 5's and 10's.
- Never stand on a total between 12 and 16, if the dealer is showing a 7 or higher.
- Try play 5-deck games as they offer the biggest advantage.
- Majority of the time insurance is a loser's bet.
- The more you bet, the more players can win and lose.
- Never show emotion, always play with your best poker face.
Understanding Blackjack terminology
- Bust: When the hand total exceeds 21.
- Deal: Renouncing the cards during a hand.
- Hit: When a player calls for another card to be dealt by the player.
- Multiple Deck: A term used when more than one deck of playing cards is used in Blackjack.
- Push: This is when the player and dealer's hand total are equal. As a result, the player will keep their bet.
- Shoe: A shoe is used by the dealer to distribute the playing cards.
- Soft Hand: A soft hand is a hand that contains an ace which is counted as 11 and a 6 which totals 17.
- Stand: This is when a player decides not to hit (receive another card) and remain with his hand.
- Double Down: Double down is when players elect to double their bet and receive only one more card, regardless of its value.
- Split: A split occurs when the two initial cards dealt are of the same value, the player may elect to split them and play two hands.
- Insurance: An insurance bet is played when the dealer's face-up card is an ace. Players then have the option to place half their initial bet against the dealer having a natural Blackjack. If the dealer has a natural Blackjack, the bet is then doubled, if not, the bet is lost.Blackjack is a very easy and simple game to understand. However, players should never believe they are on a winning streak and never make bet too high. It is important to stay wise throughout the game play. There is no reason why you shouldn't try your Lady Luck with Blackjack at Crazy Vegas Casino.