Online Blackjack Canada Guide - How to Win Blackjack
Blackjack online is the newest and quickly becoming the most popular way to play this classic card game in Canada. Canadian players come to the top online casinos, such as Crazy Vegas Casino to play their favourite card game of blackjack instead of real world casinos. To make your online casino experience even better, we’ve put together a guide to give you the upper hand on how to win when playing blackjack online. Online blackjack offers all Canadian players the added benefit of time to consider their moves, with no pressure from large crowds and loud noises to distract them. We also allow players to try out any game of blackjack for free before they feel comfortable enough to play for real money.
Hard hands in Online Blackjack
Hard hands in blackjack can easily land up in players busting. However, follow this strategy for any of the below hard hands you may get dealt in a game of blackjack online:
- 8 or lower: This hand requires players to hit, but remember one hit may be enough.
- 9: Players should rely on the dealer’s hand for their next move. If their face up card is anything between 3 and 6, you should double down. If it’s not, you should hit.
- 10: Players should double this hand if a dealer’s face up card is anything between 2 and 9. If the dealer’s hand is more, you should just hit instead.
- 11: A hard 11 should be doubled against a dealer whose face up card is anything between 2 and 10. Otherwise just hit, especially if they have an Ace.
- 12 to 16: With any hand between 12 and 16, hit if the dealer has anything between 4 and 6 for their face up card. However, stand on a hard 13 to 16 if the dealer has anything between 2 and 6.
- 17 to 21: Always stand with any of these hands.
Soft hands in Online Blackjack
Follow these rules when your soft hand (with an ace) totals:
- 13 to 15: Hit.
- 16 and 17: Double against a dealer who has a card between 2 and 6, otherwise hit.
- 18: Double against a dealer who has anything between 2 and 6, stand against a 7 or 8, but hit against a 9, 10 or Ace.
- 19 to 21: Always stand.
When to Split in Online Blackjack
- Always split Aces and 8s.
- Never split 4s, 5s, or 10s.
- Split 9s except against a dealer with a 7, 10 or Ace.
- Split 2s, 3s, 6s and 7s against any hand between 2 and 7.
Playing at the Best Online Blackjack Casinos
Whether you’re looking for classic blackjack or any of the blackjack variants, make sure you’re always playing at an online casino that doesn’t cheat you. Besides being a regulated and licenced online casino, here are three tips to help you see why we’re the perfect blackjack casino:
- Pick a blackjack bonus that suits you: We should all do a bit of window shopping when looking for an online blackjack casino. However, at Crazy Vegas Casino you are assured the best welcome bonus to boost your online blackjack gameplay.
- We have a phenomenal payout percentage: We don’t cheat our online casino players. We simply wouldn’t be able to get away with doing so because we’re a licenced and regulated online casino. Every outcome from our online casino is completely random due to our random number generator software.
- We have a variety of blackjack games: Not only do we offer the original blackjack game, but we also provide many popular variants of the game. This makes us a leading online blackjack casino.
Just as you would select your next moves wisely during a game of blackjack, so should you also select your online casino with care. In order to beat the dealer, you need to be playing against a fair dealer and that’s what we promise at Crazy Vegas Casino Canada.
Blackjack Online Don'ts
- Take insurance unless you are playing multi-player blackjack and see no 10s out on the layout.
- Use the surrender optional bet except when you have a 15 against a 10 and when you have 16 against a nine, 10 or ace.
- Be rude to the other players or the dealer, they are trying to enjoy themselves just like you are. The dealer does not control the cards – you control what you bet, when, and at what table.
- Bet more when you are losing to chase your money, that's a sure way to bury yourself and your bankroll.
Blackjack Online Do's
- Remember that blackjack is a great game and more fun when you play well.
- Try to memorize the rules for winning.
- Make an occasional "toke" bet for the dealer, or hand them a chip for their efforts.
- Remember that you are in complete control of how long you play.
- Raise your bets a little when you are winning.
- Stop playing when you reach your pre-set win level or are not enjoying yourself.
To find about more about blackjack, see: