Learn the Rules of Blackjack with Crazy Vegas Casino Canada
Blackjack is an all-time classical card game. Since the introduction of online blackjack, the classics of the game and rules have not have not changed. Players take on the dealer and attempt to collect a hand of cards totalling a maximum of 21- it is as simple as that! However, players who are new to the game may not find it so simple.
Crazy Vegas Casino offers a quick guide to understanding the basics of blackjack.
- Knowing the value of the cards you are dealt. Cards 2 to 10 have their face values (i.e 2 has the value of 2, 3 has the value of 3, and so forth.), Picture cards- Kings, Queens and Jacks have the value of 10, and Aces can either have the value of 1 or 11.
- The round starts off with everyone placing their bets.
- All players and the Dealer are dealt 2 cards; from here you have numerous options on what to do next. Players can either;
- Hit and receive another card
- Stand and accept the hand initially dealt
- Double and receive one more card while you double your bet
- Split to separate your initial hand into two separate hands and receive an additional card on each of your split cards. Players then have the option to either hit or stand on either of the hands
- Blackjack is achieved when the initial cards dealt is a combination of an Ace and 10 value card. This will mean the player automatically wins unless the dealer has the same hand.
- There is a minimum and a maximum bet allowed
- The dealer has to stand on a soft 17
- A maximum of 3 splits are allowed
- If the dealer has one card valued at 10 (10, King, Queen, or Jack), there is the possibility the dealers has blackjack. This means players cannot beat the dealer’s hand unless a player also has Blackjack. In the instance, no other player has blackjack, losing bets will be collected immediately by the dealer.
Types of Blackjack wins
- Blackjack: A blackjack or natural is a total of 21 from the first 2 cards dealt. For example, this is achieved by receiving an Ace and card worth 10. Blackjack cannot be achieved from a split hand.
- Normal Win: This is when the player’s hand total is more than the dealer’s and is less or equal to 21.
- Push: A push is when the dealer and player’s hand is the same. Here players do not lose their bet, they break even.
- Insurance: Insurance is offered to players when the dealer has an ace to insure the player’s hand against the dealer’s Blackjack. This will cost the player 50% of their bet plus their initial bet placed.
- Surrender: A surrender is only allowed on the initial two cards where the player is given the choice to discontinue their play of hand for the round.
Blackjack is an all-round action packed game, with lots at stake. Learn how to play Blackjack by understanding these basic rules.
As the old saying goes, you can't play the game without first learning the rules... In this video, we cover the basic rules of blackjack. Keep in mind that the rules may vary depending on the variation of the game - always be sure you review the rules before playing blackjack.